WELCOME you've found my blog. Be sure to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page to make sure you didn't miss anything!

Monday, July 23, 2012

The hubby and I spent some time yesterday picking pie cherries =)
They were just perfect! 
The little farm that we picked at was perfect too! We came home with about 10 pounds!
 I considered purchasing a cherry pitter, but found it pretty easy to just pit them with a small knife.
 It went pretty quickly. I was glad to not have too many wasted cherries too.
I had purchased a cute little pie mold a few weeks ago and thought this would be the perfect time to try it out! It's just the hubby and I, so we really do not need a whole large size pie. 
 The mold was very easy to use.
 And made the cutes little pies!
 I also made a couple small pies in ramekins.
 Baked for 30 minutes and they turned out perfectly browned and smelling sooo good!
 The mini pies did too!
 I wanted to compare them, so the hubby had a mini pie, with vanilla bean ice cream of course!
 I had the one baked in a ramekin.
 It tasted as good as this looks! Trust me! It was the perfect amount!
 The hubby said his was perfect too! I am so glad we have enough frozen cherries for another 4 large pies! Or lots of small ones ;)


Look at this amazing barn that was at the farm, eek! I love barns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today!