WELCOME you've found my blog. Be sure to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page to make sure you didn't miss anything!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Fun in the sun! Day 1-c

 We ended our tours with a little walk around the site itself, grabbed some water and iced tea and hit the road!
 We decided to head to the East side of the island for a late lunch!
 A few of the sites we saw on our way =)
 See the airstrip? The hubby made me take this picture! Ha!
 First we stopped at Kailua Beach. We had hoped to rent a paddleboard, or kayak, but it was just too windy.

 So instead we just sat on the beach, I browsed through our travel brochures, while the hubby took a little nap!
 After a yummy lunch, which out of 450 pictures, I somehow did not get a picture of we continued south. We drove past the Magnum PI house, to the Makapuu Beach park.
 This area is a sanctuary for Humpback whales.

 We tried a self portrait,
 another couple felt sorry for us and snapped one for us!


 This was our ride for the day! It was a great vehicle. We could have rented a convertible mustang... but the hubby doesn't do convertibles!
 Next stop was Sandy Beach, which isn't sandy! Ha!


 The spray when the waves hit the rocks was just amazing!
 I could have sat there all evening!

 I collected a few heart shaped coral to add to my heartstones collection my sis-in-law started for me =)
 Halona point.

 I had to take a picture of the fuel prices. When we left Washington state I paid $4.15 a gallon for regular and we have 5 refineries! Fuel was less in the middle of the ocean! What the?!
 When we arrived back at the hotel we grabbed a couple refreshing cups of this yummy pineapple flavored water! So refreshing!
That was a very long funfilled day! We took showers and dressed for dinner, had a wonderful dinner at our hotel, then walked down to the International Marketplace to do a little shopping =) the perfect way to end the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today!