WELCOME you've found my blog. Be sure to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page to make sure you didn't miss anything!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving table settings and Christmas crafts

 Before I show you a few things I have been working on for Christmas, I thought I would show my Thanksgiving place settings. I know... rewind! Sorry, I haven't posted in a few weeks.
 It was just the hubby and I so it was a quiet, easy day.
It's still fun to dress the table up with little extras! I found these small black frames at Michael's in the 2 for $3.00 section. I left the paper that was already enclosed in them and just added some wood like letters I had on hand and some clearance fabric flowers with a bit of ribbon. Made up a little card for each of us to write down what we were thankful for this year. The "Blessings" stamp also came from the bin at Michael's.
 Now lets talk some Christmas! Do you make gifts or buy them all? I like to do both. I usually make a gift that I do for quite a few family members. This year I am including some nieces that have moved out on their own and are probably beginning to start their "Christmas collections".
I was on Groopdealz a few weeks ago and saw this cute vinyl ($8.00) and thought it would be perfect for a few Christmas presents. Also a good class project for the Craft cottage.
 It is good sized 10x13. I went to Walmart and bought 2 sizes of frames 10x13 and 11x14 (which was the size I wanted but they didn't have enough of them). I have 3 different fabrics to put behind them, the one above is my favorite gold shimmery snowflakes on a white shimmery background.
 A solid green and a solid red. Originally I was going to paint the frames with some white spray paint, I did do a couple of them but haven't finished them yet. I kind of like the pop of black and gold. I have been having fun decorating each one a little differently.
  I've used some punched snowflakes, some rhinestones, stickers, bits of ribbon and even some jingle bells.
I had a craft class last weekend and forgot to take pictures! We had a great time even though it was a smaller group. We did 20 Christmas cards.
I had bought some of these flat clear ornaments at Michael's when they were 50% off, so I thought I would make some melting snowman ornaments.
Are you all decorated for Christmas? Shopping done? I am as decorated as I am going to be this year! I couldn't take the bins all over the house any longer and called it done to restore order. Shopping is almost done, I am hoping to get them all packaged up and sent off by the end of the week.
Thanks for stopping in today! Have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today!