WELCOME you've found my blog. Be sure to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page to make sure you didn't miss anything!

Friday, November 9, 2012

 It's been a while since I've posted anything on the blog. I will hopefully, be posting a little more regularly in the future =) Here is a brief update of things that have been happening around here. The garden guest bedroom is now a pretty shade of Lilac.
 I did try to paint it green first, since the hubby wasn't a fan of the lilac color.
 But the room just kept telling me it wanted to be lilac =) Does that happen to you?
 We've already had several guests stay in this room, picking it over the blue room, so I must have done something right.

 I shopped the house for the pictures on the walls, picked up the owl print at goodwill, painted the little owl on the dresser at a paint it yourself pottery shop. The chair came from a consignment store near my sister in Utah. I still need to recover the seat, but haven't found fabric I love yet.
 I collected the bedding, lamps and purple pillow at TJ Maxx, and made the coffee sack pillow. The comforter at the bottom of the bed came from Costco. The best part about this room is that it looks out onto the back courtyard.
 I love to bring a cup of something warm out here in the mornings and watch the squirrels and birds.
 Listen to the birds chirping and the water fountain. We extended this patio this summer, we added about 10 feet in length and took out a huge bed of plants and weeds. The hubby has been rebuilding the fireplace, he has a bit more to do to it before we can have smores.

 We brought in all new gravel to create this dining area under the tree, just so I could hang my candelabra from the branches.
 Added new gravel, extended the walkway and rebuilt flower beds.

 We had the house stained and all the trim painted. We had College Painters do the work, they were wonderful!
 We added all new gravel down this path also, we gave away our chickens and turned the chicken coop into a garden shed, for now.
 We fenced in the garden, built new raised beds and added hazelnut shells to keep the deer out.
 I bought the cute gated arbor at a store near my sister in Utah.
 We added blocks and pavers around the backside of the driveway and took out 2 trailers full of brush and bamboo.
 I can't even tell you how many trips to the yard waste dump we have taken, probably close to 10? maybe 12.
 All the trim was painted, along with the shutters.

 We cut quite a bit of the wisteria down, including all of it near the kitchen door. Moved a few bushes, and took a few completely out.
We also cut down a total of 5 trees! Whew! Oh, and I have 150 tulip and daffodil bulbs planted in the front and back of the house. It should be beautiful come spring! It feels good to be back! Have a wonderful evening!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am glad you chose the lilac color! It looks so lovely! Hopefully it grows on your husband. How wonderful to have a view of your beautiful courtyard!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today!