WELCOME you've found my blog. Be sure to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page to make sure you didn't miss anything!

Friday, December 21, 2012

Crafting...

 I've been doing some last minute crafting the last couple days.
 My neighbor just had a baby girl, her name is Julianna. Her room is all done in pink, white and brown.
 I thought it would be fun to do a monogram for her wall.
 I also quickly tied a fun polka dot blanket.
 I had the special opportunity to pick out a vintage chandelier and vintage baby carriage for her room. My neighbor mentioned that she had been searching for the chandelier and carriage with no luck. While traveling a few months ago I came across the chandelier at a vintage market
 I knew as soon as I saw it she would love it! Doesn't that just scream baby girl room!
The price of $110.00 was pretty reasonable, I would have tried to negotiate, but someone else had their eye on it too... I couldn't take the chance of loosing it. The carriage was a find a few states away while traveling in California. We are headed over for "happy hour" to toast Juliannas arrival so I will try to snap a few pics of her room and the carriage.

 I had pinned a few driftwood and twig Christmas trees on Pinterest and decided since I had a bucket full of driftwood to try making one for a friend for Christmas.
 I used some shells my sister in law sent me from a trip to Florida, a few pieces of "fake" beach glass, a starfish and of course the driftwood I picked up from a local beach this summer. I hot glued it to a piece of black velvet that I attached to a canvas with staples. I hope she loves it as much as I do!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today!