WELCOME you've found my blog. Be sure to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page to make sure you didn't miss anything!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bliss~ One little word 2012

 As I mentioned in an earlier post, my one little word for 2012 is Bliss. You can see other ideas for a word here.
 I have done this for several years. Complete in 2009, Balance in 2010, Content (and Give) in 2011. I have found for me it is best to have something in writing about my word to help me throughout the year. To keep me inspired by my word I created the decoration above.
 You may think that Bliss is an odd word for someone to use as inspiration but the definition of bliss is as follows (according to Wikipedia): Bliss can be a state of profound satisfaction, happiness and joy, a constant state of mind, undisturbed by gain or loss. 
 I have found that my word usually finds me... does that happen to you? As much as I tried to fight using the word Bliss, it just kept popping into my head whenever I would think about my word of the year. Last year 2011, I was going to use the word Give, and changed it at the last minute to Content... All year long, Give is still the word that inspired me. So this year, I am going with what is in my head.
Have you tried having a word to inspire you for the year? I'd love to hear!
We are snowed in and staying warm today! Turkey breast in the crockpot, catching up on emails and blogging after a few days of sunshine in San Diego!
Thanks for stopping in today!

4 comments:

  1. Love your word!-I am your newest follower from Layla's party-Stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great word to settle one. I love how you have it displayed in your home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today!