WELCOME you've found my blog. Be sure to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page to make sure you didn't miss anything!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentine Mantel 2012

 I am participating in a Valentine Mantel link party here. Check it out for more inspiration!
I am lucky enough to have two mantels to decorate in this house, but only one of them is done! Sorry for the glare, the sun is out and not a cloud in the sky!
 I put some branches in a galvanized container and hung some red and pink heart ornaments I found at JoAnn.
 The little bird came from JoAnn as well. You can find the directions for my Heart artwork here, my sister sent me the love birds frame last year for my Birthday (I just used a chalk pen to write on it). I filled my apothecary jars with some conversation hearts and some shiny shred.



I created the felt ruffled heart using these instructions.
The chalkboard was a cupboard I purchased from ReStore for $3.00. I painted, distressed and applied chalk board paint.
I'm off to go try to finish the second mantel! Have a funfilled creative day!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today!