WELCOME you've found my blog. Be sure to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page to make sure you didn't miss anything!

Monday, February 27, 2012

 My hubby usually only has Sundays off. So I usually  try really hard not to plan anything on that day, so I can enjoy the day with him. Last Sunday however, he had to work. He had a trade show all weekend he had to participate in, which left me a whole lotta time! So Saturday I made plans with a friend to craft.  Sunday I considered riding along with him and dropping him off, then hitting IKEA and seeing a friend. But as I was finishing up some laundry Saturday evening, I had another idea in mind! I broke the news to the hubby that I would not be accompanying him the 2 hour drive on Sunday I had decided to stay home.
 Sunday morning I left the house shortly after the hubby did and headed to Lowes! I bought 180 square feet of vinyl plank flooring!
Came home and began applying it! Woohoo! All by myself!
 Yep, it was pretty easy...
 I ripped thru 4  of my 6 boxes in no time flat. Okay, it seemed like no time flat, but it was about 4 hours!
 At one point I let the dog out and it was snowing! Glad I decided to stay inside!
 45 minutes later, the sun was shining and hardly a cloud in the sky.
 Which is good, since most of my plants think spring is here.
 By the time the hubby came home, I was exhausted. My knees hurt, my fingers and wrists were sore and I was ready for a glass of wine to celebrate my almost finished new floor!
 You may have noticed all the hard cuts are what I have left to do. I have asked the hubby to remove the toilet for me, it will be easier to install the vinyl! But I plan on finishing the rest of it all myself.
I also glued the sides of the antique cabinet so it can be brought into the house. Just wish I could get the master bathroom completed! Ugh... still trying to locate some faucets. I found one that would work, but it  had plastic, and for $158.00 each (I need 2) I don't think the handles should be plastic.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today!