WELCOME you've found my blog. Be sure to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page to make sure you didn't miss anything!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

April spring mantel

 I am not sure why I felt the need to redecorate the mantel for spring a second time, but I LOVE it!
 I bought some spanish moss at JoAnn to cover some letters and bought way too much, so I used some with a nest and some eggs that I had boughten for another project. The white bird statue came from a recent trip to TJ Maxx. I left the moss balls from my previous mantel display.
 This side I took out the iris flowers that were in the metal container before and replaced them with some branches from one of the trees in front of the house and a little more spanish moss.
 I bought the books at Goodwill recently to use for a few other projects but needed a little more height for the mirror so I used them here. (I am noticing in the picture I need to turn the top book right-side-up! Ha!) The wreath came from Goodwill as well, infact I bought three!
I left the banner from my previous mantel which you can see here. What do you think? Better?
I am linking to my second ever linky party!

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. Your mantel looks wonderful! I'm shocked you that wonderful wreath at the GW. The wreaths at my GW are always falling apart. Everything on the mantel looks so beautiful for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went and looked at your other spring mantel display and it's gorgeous too! I can't decide which one I like better. They both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laurie I'm your 4th follower! I found you on A to Z you have a great blog. Your blog reminds me of mine. Stop by www.homeroad.net
    Have a great day!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today!