WELCOME you've found my blog. Be sure to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page to make sure you didn't miss anything!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cupcakes, baked beans and potato salad

 Yesterday I did something I haven't had a chance to do in MONTHS! I spent the morning cooking and BAKING! We had plans to have some friends over from Oak Harbor, Jeremy, Amanda and their two little boys Danny and Brayden. Jeremy just returned from Afghanistan in December so it had been a while since we had seen him. Amanda was coming to B'ham for a couple doctor appointments so we had plans to have an early dinner as soon as the hubby got home so they would have plenty of time to get home. After a quick trip to the grocery store... I got busy baking. Amanda LOVES Red Velvet Cake, so I decided to make cupcakes. YUM!
I made a big pot of baked beans, and potato salad (not sure what happen to my picture of the potato salad?) About noon Amanda called to invite me to lunch, but I had to decline due to baking and cooking.  Well, unbeknownst to me, she had sent me an email in the morning letting me know that Jeremy was sick, so she was coming up to B'ham with just little Brayden. I told her no problem and to stop by when she was done with her Doctor's appointments.
Well, the hubby and I don't need ALL that food, so I packaged half of it up along with hamburger patties, hot dogs and buns. I even included the lettuce, tomato and onion so all she had to do was cook up the meat when she got home and dinner and dessert were done!
It was a perfect afternoon for an early barbeque! Too bad. Oh well. Did I tell you we got new neighbors? The house across the street, that we originally had looked at, sold a few weeks after we bought our house.
Our neighbor Mary, is trying to get them to cut down these trees so we can have more of a view of the water, such a sweet, sweet woman!
It has been snowing on and off today, YUK!
I am soo ready for spring, this nest fell out of the wisteria vine by the kitchen window, so now it is part of my spring decor...
I have slowly been piling up some spring treasures to begin decorating for spring.
I am not sure how many more weeks days I can wait.
Here is a peek at the garage craft area, have a little more to do before I can show it all to you, but ... I did get out the cricut and cuddlebug. I spent this morning at the old house painting so now I am headed out to try to finish this area and maybe do some crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today!