WELCOME you've found my blog. Be sure to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page to make sure you didn't miss anything!

Monday, June 11, 2012

 The garden is almost done! Above is the little herb box near the house. It contains parsley, chives, cilantro, peppermint and spearmint.
 I bought this on Saturday at the Farmers Market, yes I probably could have made one... but it was only $15.00 and for the price of the boot(s) and the strawberries, I figured it was worth the money =) Yes, those are strawberries!
 I am going to try growing some dahlias, fell in love with the color of this one, it's called Red Flame.
 I will plant them in the new garden box near the front of the garden with the transplanted climbing rose.
 I had some rusted metal chicken waterers in the chicken coop, I thought they would make fun planters. (I use plastic buckets in the chicken coop for them to drink from). I put 2 kinds of lavender and a pretty pale yellow chrysanthemum in each one. I placed one near the garden herb garden.
 The garden herb garden, so far, contains rosemary, basil, lavender, a transplanted herb that smells like lemons... any ideas? And lastly transplanted chives.
 The other chicken waterer with an old camp pot and an old copper container that the previous owners of the house left behind. The copper container contains a cherry tomato and more transplanted chives, the old camp pot contains more chrysanthemum and a succulent.
 This bed contains broccoli, cauliflower, bush beans and peas.
 This bed contains cucumber, corn and pumpkins.
 This bed contains tomatoes, jalapenos and eggplant.
 And finally the zucchini! The only thing I have left to do in the garden is to put down hazelnut shells in between the raised beds, I ordered them at the Farmers Market on Saturday and will pick them up next Saturday at the Farmers Market. The hubs still needs to build the gate too ;)
 I had planned on planting potatoes, which need to be weeded, again
 the asparagus...
 and the artichokes into the fenced garden area next spring, but I guess I don't have room! Ha! Oh well, they seem to be pretty happy where they are =)
 This is my next project area... meet my soon to be rose garden =) but I gotta finish a few other projects first! We are still working on laying new gravel on all the walks, laying river rock along the driveway and cleaning around the main pond.
We have apples on all three trees!
And plums on the plum tree I gave the hubby last year for his birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today!