WELCOME you've found my blog. Be sure to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page to make sure you didn't miss anything!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Craft cottage, baby robins, Restore, and Craigslist

 I have been pulled so many directions again this week, trying to finish up organizing the craft cottage, getting some gardening/yard work done, a few little home decorating projects, the list just goes on and on!
Anyhoo found this amazing table online at a furniture store in Lynden and since I happen to be meeting friends for coffee in Lynden over the weekend I thought I should at least take a look at it! LOVE at first sight I tell ya! Yes, it did come home with me =) I will show you the whole thing very soon ;)

While I was looking at it I took measurements of the table to 1. make sure it was going to fit in the space 2. because I knew the hubby would ask. I drove home and showed my sweet hubby the photo I had found online and gave him the measurements. He said if I wanted it lets go get it. So into the truck we go. (he says it will all fit in his truck we don't need the trailer) We get to the store I purchase the table and four stools, it takes 3 men to load it into the truck. As we are driving home he informs me he doesn't know how we are going to get it out of the truck. It is far to heavy for he and I to lift. Ugh! I start wracking my brain to think of someone I can call. Then he calmly says "I don't know how we are going to get it into the room." (the store had double doors that we took it through) Ack! We get it home, he calls a friend who is willing to come right over they get it unloaded, remove the top off the table and have barely a half-an-inch to get it in the door without having to take the entire thing apart, whoops. But the important thing is, it is in place and beautiful!
 I am trying to get everything organized and in place. This system seems to work well for me, I used it in the last craft room I had. I work better with a visual of what I have.
 All the fabric is in the white doored cabinet, so it can't get dusty. I am looking for a little sewing table to put next to it. Hopefully I will sew a little more having an actual sewing station.
 I had forgotten how much fabric I have! I need to get sewing some gifts to weed some of it out! ha!
 An update on the baby robins, they are growing feathers so much cuter =)
 I found this cupboard door over the weekend at Restore... brought it home...
 painted it Heirloom White. Haven't decided if I will take the sander to it yet or not. I will post pictures tomorrow of where its home will be ;)
Found this on Craiglist, it will be for the grandbaby when he comes to visit! I am thinking of painting it black.
Well, that's it for today. Have a marvelous Tuesday! Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today!