WELCOME you've found my blog. Be sure to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page to make sure you didn't miss anything!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Orcas Island-Eastsound dinner

 A couple weeks ago the weather decided to cooperate long enough for the hubby to surprise me with dinner. Not just ANY dinner, a flight TO dinner =)
 I hadn't ever been to Orcas Island or Eastsound. After he got off work he asked if I wanted to go to dinner, to Friday Harbor, one of my FAVORITE places to go.
 Once we got in the plane he asked if I wanted to go to Eastsound instead, I, of course said sure! So off we went!
 Just a short 10 minute flight just above the water and islands!
 Above is Eastound, we had dinner in one of the buildings there on the water.
 The color of the water was amazing!
 Once we landed, we parked,
 the hubby tied done the plane, (see the water at the end of the runway? So awesome!)
 Then we walked down this little path for about 15 minutes until we reached downtown.
 Such a quaint little town! Can't wait to come back a little earlier in the day to do some shopping! Ha!
 This is an outdoor amphitheatre, I believe they have a Shakespearean  festival here.
 Fun sculpture outside of the museum.
 Cute little shops!
 The main drag.
 More cute shops.
 Quaint little Inn and cafe.
 This is where we ate, The Madrona Bar and Grill. The food was delicious, the atmosphere very down home local, perfect!
 The view was spectacular! Lots of fish jumping and birds swooping the water to eat the insects before the fish. So peaceful and serene. We both wished we had thought to make a reservation to spend the night! Next time for sure ;)

 If not the Inn then maybe here.
 After dinner we enjoyed the leisurely stroll back to the airport. Above a local church, reminded me of the one where I used to live.
 The path is very easy to find, signs direct you at each turn. It was a wonderful surprise evening with my honey=)
 Off we go! The sky was pretty hazy so we didn't get to see the sunset, but the flight was smooth as glass.
I can't wait to return again. Next time we are spending the night and I plan on a little shopping too! Thank you honey for the great evening!
Hope you are having a sun filled day where you are! We are enjoying a foggy, drizzly morning, thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic surprise!! So fun and romantic. Your hubby sounds like a keeper. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today!