WELCOME you've found my blog. Be sure to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page to make sure you didn't miss anything!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Learning...

On my way out to the studio yesterday I noticed this pretty blue on the ground, I bent over to pick it up and knew right away exactly what it was! The robins eggs have hatched!
I grabbed my camera from the house and went to the nest, mama was away so I quickly snapped a few pictures. I guess they heard me walk up so they opened their little beaks expecting a treat!
 When they figured out I wasn't mama they settled right back down and went to sleep. Mama wasn't too far away, she made all kinds of noise to get me to leave.
 The purple wisteria near the kitchen is getting ready to bloom! Yay! I think spring has finally arrived! As I have shared, I have been working out in the studio the last few days trying to organize and purge a few things for a yard sale this weekend.
 Umm, I've discovered a few things about myself during this process... I may have a little obsession with containers. Almost any container really, jars, bottles, new or recycled. (Infact, I have three jars/bottles on the kitchen counter as I type this that I thought I would recycle into my crafts. A cool syrup bottle, a small chopped garlic jar and a pickle jar.)
 tins,
 plastic,
 did I say jars? Oh, ya right! ;) Luckily I have a few projects coming up that will require jars, so I hope to use a few of these up. Also, I plan to can some salsa, tomato sauce, jam, and any other items I can this summer, so all those jars will come in handy =) I may even need a few more jars from IKEA by that time. Hehe!
 Umm, these two boxes contain gift bags, tissue paper, ribbon... maybe I don't need to buy any of that for a while either.
 These three boxes contain my "alterables" for crafts, you know things to alter, photo albums for cookbooks or mini books, Christmas decorations, frames, clipboards, cd cases. Maybe I don't need to buy any of those things for a while either.
 Above is a BUNCH of frames, nope don't need to buy any! =)
And lastly would be my collection of canvas... now, I had to buy all these because my favorite scrapbook store was going out of business and they were such a great deal! Really!
I think I will make a goal for myself to not buy any craft products for the rest of the year.
I did not have any clocks though, so I bought one! Isn't it pretty? On sale too!
Well thanks for stopping in! Have a pleasant evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today!