WELCOME you've found my blog. Be sure to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page to make sure you didn't miss anything!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Yard cleanup.

 We had a gorgeous day so I snapped a few pictures of the yard after I had spent 3 days raking and cleaning up. This is the main pond area and the side of the driveway.
 I plugged in the waterfall yesterday, but it has been raining for two days straight... so a picture will have to wait on that! Ha! I cannot wait until spring/summer to sit down by the pond and listen to the waterfall, watching the birds and drinking iced tea with a friend or the hubby. I have been searching for the perfect cushions to go on those chairs. Once I find them I will make a couple pillows. I will be adding some flowers to the basket, and I am trying to talk the hubby into making me some metal fish to stick out of the pond.
 The other side of the driveway. The grass area is next on my list to clean up, if it ever stops raining!
 While waiting for the hubby to return from California on Saturday morning I ran to the nursery and picked up a few plants to plant in the yard. Unfortunately his flight was cancelled and he didn't make it home until Sunday afternoon. Which gave me a chance to clean up the kitchen garden area.

 This is the courtyard area.
 The leaking pond in the courtyard =(
 The hydrangeas in the courtyard.

 The lion fountain.
 Fireplace area. I have picked out the perfect outdoor sectional to go out here! (Notice my seedlings placed in the sun?)
 I am searching for a cushion for this chair. Will add a few homemade pillows, maybe a throw and a basket of flowers for the table.
 This birdbath was left by the previous owners of the house, it leaks. The hubby has offered to fix it... but I kinda like it filled with flowers!
 A few close ups of the flowers =) I bought these at the nursery too.



 A close up of the fountain turned on.
 It even lights up!
I think it will be really pretty this summer when all the vines are green. Can't you just picture sitting out here with the sun setting, listening to the water from the fountain, maybe a fire in the fireplace, roasting marshmallows to make s'mores and a glass of wine or your favorite beverage? You could choose to sit on the sectional, the farmhouse table and chairs or the hot tub! Have you been cleaning up your yard for spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today!