WELCOME you've found my blog. Be sure to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page to make sure you didn't miss anything!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Baking, cooking and decorating...

 As most of you know I have been trying to eat healthy for almost two years now and doing pretty well, of course I go through the occasional day week of eating everything really bad, but for the most part I try to stay on track. The hardest part is that I LOVE to cook and bake! And my hubby LOVES to eat whatever I cook and bake! One of his favorite sweets is banana bread. I found this healthy version that is ok for both of us to eat!
 It is really moist too, which is a must with my sweet hubby!

Healthy Banana Bread

  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup Agave
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 mashed bananas
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup oat bran 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 cup hot water
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat oil and agave together. Add eggs, and mix well. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt. Add baking soda to hot water, stir to mix, and then add to batter. Blend in chopped nuts if using. Spread batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 1/2 hour before slicing. Adapted from here.


 I am for the most part a pretty good cook... but for some reason, I don't think I ever made very good Chili. Until now! I was craving chili and remembered one of my favorite cookbook's had a recipe for chili I thought I would try. (If you don't have this cookbook, you must buy it!)
 I think I want to try EVERY recipe in this book! Haha! Anyway, the Chili is delish!
 I added all the optional items, and substituted some leftover london broil I had leftover from dinner the night before (that I had cooked on the BBQ) and 1/2 a pound of ground hamburger. I also made mine in the crockpot, I think I will always make it exactly this way.
I made a quick little trip to Target to take a peek at the dollar spot. I found these colorful birdhouses for $1.00 each, so I bought 4 to place here and there for spring.
 One ended up in my bucket of flowers.
 I placed one in the honeysuckle plant on the sofa table in the living room.
I thought one would be cute in the flowers in the guest bedroom. Still in search of a spot for the last one! Today is the day I am doing a walk through with the realtor for the old house. It goes on the market next week! Weee! Hoping all goes smoothly and the house sells quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today!