WELCOME you've found my blog. Be sure to click "older posts" at the bottom of the page to make sure you didn't miss anything!

Friday, June 10, 2011

A walk through the yard June 2011

 I recently read on a blog to keep blue jays and squirrels out of your bird feeders to switch to safflower seeds. I immediately went out and purchased some and replaced the sunflower seed I was using in the front courtyard with the safflower seeds. I love feeding the squirrels, they have two feeders on the property, and I get a kick out of watching them hang from precarious angles to get the food, but I also was hoping to attract a few songbirds =) It worked! This little guy above has been stopping very quickly the last couple days, (I think it is the same one anyway). I was finally able to get a picture!
Since I had my camera out taking pics of the birds I thought I would take a walk around the yard and photograph some of the flowers that are currently blooming!


 Peony! I have been cutting them and bringing them in the house, they smell divine!
 Rose, another one I've been cutting to bring in the house!
 Columbine.
 Oriental poppy.
 Hydrangea.
 White Wisteria. Such a sweet smell!
 The garden is growing nicely =)

 Japanese maple.
 Pale pink lilac. One of my very favorite smells!
 Bright pink lilac.
 Japanese Iris.
 Common purple lilac.



 Purple wisteria.


Every morning and evening we have a frog chorus happening at two of our ponds! These guys sure have loud croaks for as little as they are! I found this one hiding under some boxes!
Well that's it for today! Thanks for visiting, hope you enjoyed walking though my gardens with me! Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today!